Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Japanese title screen VS US title screen

Started by arseniy, November 28, 2010, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

Would you agree japanese title screen looks some nicer?
(I took screenshot using my custom pallete if u ask about colors)

UserK

I agree, far less cluttered with legal BS for first.

Kanjis have a great rendition for me, but I guess the best part is how big the title is relative to the screen. Also, moving Naju near the border somehow its importance in my opinion.

Ratix

i'd say japan because the planet is centered in that one. but i liked the title screen text on the us one

arseniy

Just less garbage on japanes. Would be even better if license info was on some separate screen at first and then pure title screen without license info.

UserK

Or they could just STFU till the credits for this! But still good, if it would be today they would have you walk thuru a dozen splash screens mashing up the ESC key, because you know, you seldom use it! Still no luv for F1-F12 keys...
I foresee a day in which there will be 13 or perhaps even more splash screens with randomized keys to hit. They'll sell it as "splash minigames" and someone will believe in this.

Ratix

Quote from: arseniy on January 13, 2011, 10:08:01 PM
Just less garbage on japanes. Would be even better if license info was on some separate screen at first and then pure title screen without license info.
I donno about you guys but if we just had the title screen with no copyright or anything else it would just look empty to me. look at every other nes game. there's always a copyright somewhere within the title screen.

Roundcreatureinnextroom

I will sell this to you