Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Hilarious...

Started by NESCartFanatic, February 28, 2010, 09:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NESCartFanatic

I hadn't played TGL in a good 3 years, but this morning I felt compelled to play. So I finished up a two hour time trial from start to finish when I sat down and saw the invitation to the site. Love it!

Anyways, here's my intro... Hi, I'm Ali. TGL is my favorite NES game, hands down. I have nothing but fond memories, mostly of being stuck on corridor 4 for about 2 years, lol. We were kids and had no idea what to do :-P.

I have complete boxed versions of both the US and PAL versions... hopefully one day I'll find a JPN cart, but that hasn't been in my mind for some time. Wished there was a sequel, but since NAJU blew up and all that, can't really continue on... or can it?

Well anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Classic games rock!  :redlander:

Ali

TrickyCC

Hey and welcome to the The Guardian Legend fan forum.
Always good that someone got some great enthusiasm for this very underlooked game.
If you liked The Guardian Legend, you should also try out Gun-Nac. Not maybe as good as The Guardian Legend, but same development team and great challenge.

You should really keep those cartridges, I am pretty sure they'll be very valued some day (even due to the underlook of this excellent game).

Abominae

With the storyline in the US text, it'd be reasonable to assume that the text was translated poorly (or they just did a sorry job of coming up with a story).

That being said, I've thought of several ways to fix the story, allowing for a sequel and remaining true to the original idea.