Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

maybe you use turbo button? Maybe you have to press not turbo button?

CODE RGB

I'm pretty positive it has something to do with the JNES emulator that i use, i have tried everything that everyone suggested and still nothing. i did how ever play thru TGL mode and felt very satisfied completing that!  :)
Hoping and praying for a Virtual Console release someday!

arseniy

What is coordinates of corridor 5? I m not sure if I beat it or not. I not played it all through bcuz it's just too hard for me. I tried to continue playing today there was corridor 7 and 8

The only part of map not opened is bottom right.

So what coordiante of corridor 5 u saying?

CODE RGB

i have no idea about the coordinates of corridor 5, all i remember is that inside corridor 5 there is a orange  :grimgrin: to fight.

CODE RGB

UserK

You guys are wizards of some kind! Quite involved hobby indeed!
I am not going to play it right away as I'm not supposed to have any time to play in those weeks... I must keep me as focused as I can.

UserK

Thank you optomon for this! It gives me more than enough of what the original TGL excitement was.
I just beat :optomon: with two chips and ZERO life! That was a fight! Totally awesome!!!

And you reward me with an... energy tank? :P
Well, I suppose beating the game itself is more than enough! Very good work! I'm going to play it some more as soon as I can.

I must say that the drop rates for the EU version were quite different. Have those been tweaked? Maybe they are original JAP?

UserK

Uhm, I noticed there's no "happy new year" thread in this forum. So I will just write it here.
Best wishes everyone for the new year!

Now back to the impressions :P
In line of concept I should be working hard right now but I cannot concentrate so I gave another shot at this. I am now playing area 5 and 6. The difficulty has ramped up and I like it. It seems area 6 to slightly easier than 5... or maybe that's just me?

After the previous "reward" for winning a corridor of an energy tank I have to say that finding shields around is a bit odd.

A thing which really put me off are red bombardier's blue missiles.
Given the number of missiles, their speed and turn rate, you can just stand near bombardier and take a few hits. Given the drop rate, I easily won the battle counting only on patience. I haven't tried the other boss in area 6 yet but I've tried both corridors in area 5 with no luck. Red bombardier is a joke. Was it intended to be?  ???

arseniy

Hey. I not sent New Year news letter because I did not felt to. I hope no one dissapointed :3

UserK

Nah, don't worry.
I still think that area 6 is easier than 5  ???
Still stuck on those two however, this part is hard!

RagnarokNAJU

~~ Cleaveland

optomon

I might make some more simpler modifications to the this game, especially the corridor enemies. I've noticed one of the items seems to be not possible to fully upgrade, the laser beam. I think one of the minibosses was supposed to give you it, but instead gives a grenade or something.

Out of the 22 shooter stages from the original game, only 7 of them are modified (excluding bosses), and only 4 are significantly modified. This fact really bugs me. It's very cumbersome to edit the floor of the corridors, but not so much the enemies that inhabit them, so I might just do that, as I'm caught up in other significant projects as well right now.

arseniy

so it is too hard to do that stuff? Can you allow to do this work to someone else?

optomon

Nah, I actually started rearranging the corridors around a little, doing mostly the fish levels and the crystal levels.