Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Different Pallete?

Started by arseniy, March 14, 2010, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

Is there any alternative palletes for TGL? Of course the original pallete is great but playing a modified version with other pallete makes sense,
[edit]
attached the latest pallete update

tummai

There aren't any alternate palettes built into the game.  You can change the palettes manually by hex editing the palette entries in the ROM (a series of 3-color entries starting at 0x1731A), or you can change what palettes get loaded in the level-loading routines.

My TGL color hack works by overwriting the hero color with a value from RAM every time the palettes are updated.
My NesDev blog: http://tummaigames.com/blog

arseniy

I trying to edit a pallete. By far it's OK but I played only few levels through so not sure how would things look further.
However hack can add a possibility. Not enough of the hero only.
Attached the progress by far

arseniy

Quote from: tummai on March 15, 2010, 08:18:10 AM
There aren't any alternate palettes built into the game.  You can change the palettes manually by hex editing the palette entries in the ROM (a series of 3-color entries starting at 0x1731A), or you can change what palettes get loaded in the level-loading routines.

My TGL color hack works by overwriting the hero color with a value from RAM every time the palettes are updated.
I not know how to use this IPS patches :(

tummai

I use LunarIPS to apply patches to roms: Lunar IPS.  It's for windows, so if you use another OS you might have to find a different patcher.

Here are the steps to patch your rom using Lunar IPS:

1) Backup your rom file (the patch alters it permanently).
2) Open LunarIPS
3) Click "Apply IPS Patch"
4) Choose .nes file to patch
5) Choose .ips file to patch with
6) Play
My NesDev blog: http://tummaigames.com/blog

Grimgrin

Currently extending the game.

zeldatimelinefreak

I made a pallet a few years ago where everything was red :P. like my new signature?
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

arseniy

maybe there should be something like to Naju's fun and nice travel tour.

zeldatimelinefreak

:-\ I'm not sure I would want to go if the tour guides are Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot... They'd probably try to kill me XD!
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!