What kind of sequel is better - Direct/Non direct

Started by arseniy, January 09, 2010, 01:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of sequel is better - Direct/Non direct

Direct sequel of the game
10 (41.7%)
A story related to the original but with the other hero
2 (8.3%)
A standalone story based/inspired by the original game/Same concept as original game
12 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 24

RagnarokNAJU

i think having a sequal that keeps to the classic feel is important.. making it too 3-d would taint the idea i believe
~~ Cleaveland

RagnarokNAJU

also.. as for the special weapons and main weapons.. I think it would be awesome if you could use chips to upgrade your weapons.. very slowly but with great result by the end of the game...
like here is an example of my idea..
main weapon starts at 100% damage and the max is.. oh say 400%
and you can use 50chips to upgrade it to 101%, and then 75 to get another % and then 113, 219, 330, 445
im just doing a (previous total + 50% of previous total = new cost)..

and im not completly sure the platform of medium this game would be made on but im loving the ideas.. be glad to help with this project..
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on February 05, 2010, 04:49:04 PM
also.. as for the special weapons and main weapons.. I think it would be awesome if you could use chips to upgrade your weapons.. very slowly but with great result by the end of the game...
like here is an example of my idea..
main weapon starts at 100% damage and the max is.. oh say 400%
and you can use 50chips to upgrade it to 101%, and then 75 to get another % and then 113, 219, 330, 445
im just doing a (previous total + 50% of previous total = new cost)..

and im not completly sure the platform of medium this game would be made on but im loving the ideas.. be glad to help with this project..

I not clear with the idea of upgrade by chips. hm...
So if we have 4000 max chips then final upgrade for each weapon costs 4000. that means that each weapon u got you will have to go around just to pick chips for upgrade. It's similar like u go around in RPG exp based and kill for exp.

Megadeth502

Quote from: arseniy on January 17, 2010, 06:04:47 AM
Special attack? Hm... I not sure this game needs special attacks  :-\

i have an idea for a special attack, give EE a recharge bar (slow at the begining of the game, a little faster later....once you upgrade it)

so you can only hold 1 EE at a time, but you have unlimited, also, since its a "special" it should be on a different button ( so you will have 3 attack buttons, Basic gun, Selected Weapon, and your rechargable EE)

arseniy

Good idea. EE can be just another special weapon. No need special button for it.

theoden_2010

needs to be a remodel, that means its going to be the exact idea of the original with tweaks that make sense. Which means its 2D or a 2.5 D game title, aka utilizing top-down and side-scrolling 2d/3d. this means re-naming it so that there are no lawsuits over owner copyrights form whomever may still be gripping onto them for an oddball reason.

the name must be close and relate to the original. for example we take out "the" it becomes Guardian Legends (added the 's'), now it will be a new game and we don't have to do a redo of the old game like it were a updated hack. This means we can explore new things and old ones too to give a classic feel.

I believe in a 2D SNES like version for the Xbox Live Arcade would be great. Since I have the right contacts.

I think you should all try a game called Image Fight for the NES too, was a great advanced shooter of the day. There may be solid ideas you can take in and combine.

well I'm poofed out for now, best of luck till I get back with more solid goodness.

RandomSpriter

*Bump*
Bumping up this for the new people to read, fans especially, to hear their words about the current Poll here that may be quite a fundamental need soon.

arseniy

Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 12, 2010, 07:52:54 PM
*Bump*
Bumping up this for the new people to read, fans especially, to hear their words about the current Poll here that may be quite a fundamental need soon.
Agree. Hope more people joined who played and liked TGL :heart0: to have a sharper poll result :)

RandomSpriter

Indeed, Direct Sequel seems to be just above a stand alone.

AlastorSX

I would love to see a story related to Mirin's, but with a new protagonist to carry on her work in the future when a new evil arises. I hate games that make sequels that have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series. If you are going to make a sequel, than make it a sequel, not something that you could call a totally different title and people would have never guessed that the two were related.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

arseniy

Hrm. But why you call her Mirin? She is Miria in Japanese version and in English version somehow she has name Alyssa(not sure why I think someone explained but I forgot)

AlastorSX

Mirin is the only one I knew lol. I like it best honestly since it is the most unique. As I said from my research, Mirin hasn't been a registered name in the U.S. for over 100 years.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."