Updates:

Fans are welcome!

New Chips.

Started by teremochek, March 22, 2010, 08:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teremochek

:bluelander: :) :redlander: :skull:
1: Regeneration of chips. Chips are slowly restored. When their maximum quantity the effect has come to an end.
2:Chip*2 chips are multiplied on 2 and quickly decrease, will not reach yet normal quantity.

arseniy

Faididi told me he would love to see health regeneration item, or ability :)

RagnarokNAJU

Quote from: arseniy on March 22, 2010, 09:09:21 AM
Faididi told me he would love to see health regeneration item, or ability :)

that would be pretty cool, but should be very costly!
~~ Cleaveland

Jigglysaint

How about the different chips be seperate equipable items?  For example, a chip type that could do double damage, but takes away twice as many chips.  There could be chips that restore health when you attack, but the attack level will go down to the lowest possible.

RagnarokNAJU

Quote from: Jigglysaint on March 22, 2010, 03:08:24 PM
How about the different chips be seperate equipable items?  For example, a chip type that could do double damage, but takes away twice as many chips.  There could be chips that restore health when you attack, but the attack level will go down to the lowest possible.

interesting! speed modifying chip first came to mind.. i like the drain idea you have though
~~ Cleaveland

teremochek

Quote from: Jigglysaint on March 22, 2010, 03:08:24 PM
How about the different chips be seperate equipable items?  For example, a chip type that could do double damage, but takes away twice as many chips.  There could be chips that restore health when you attack, but the attack level will go down to the lowest possible.
It too good idea...

What do you think of bad chips?
Chips which take away health, and chips which take away chips.....

arseniy

i think bad chips is too much. it will be enough to avoid bullets and weapons.

UserK

I don't quite like this idea of bad chips.
Having chips with double damage output sounds great but consistent stockpiling of this resource would eventually screw up the mechanics completely.
As the default weapon with no chips feels very puny, I fully endorse the idea of some very limited chip regen (say 1/10 of max storage, always at least 100) at slow rate. Chip/health regen might trigger after some seconds without shooting, possibly at higher rate if not moving as well.

As one always moves in corridors, this would imply no regen would happen. This is good in my opinion as the corridors must be serious challenges. This game trait is very dominant across the game. By leaving the regen out of them, their importance would likely result to be even greater.

RandomSpriter

I agree that different chips would be probably an akward idea.

The slow rate regen to a minimum number of 100 does sounds like an good idea, otherwise people will just afk in a cleared room and just "wait for max power", taking a 10-15 minute break and come back.

I wish to avoid such actions to happen in the game, as it kinda breaks off the game.

arseniy

you mean like it makes you wait untill health gets regenerated instead of jump into action?

RandomSpriter

Yes, where you just stop in tracks and go AFK and come back with full Max power.

arseniy

I really hate this in some RPG games!

UserK

But in line of concept, players should not be forced to do that in the first place.
Full regen mechanics are "understood" to a certain degree, see Halo. The key is in the pacing.

arseniy

how it works in halo?

RandomSpriter

Remember though, Chips are used for Ammunition as well.
And I don't recall that halo was "The more ammunition the more power you have." like in the normal shot for TGL.

Health I can understand though why, I'll give it a thought and test it out.