Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Plot Basic Discussion Thread.

Started by RandomSpriter, April 27, 2010, 10:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megadeth502

i think we should NOT put the new game on NAJU. NAJU gets blown up. and i dont think it would work ver well on earth either.(aliens take over earth....you have to elimnate them. it makes the game very similar to other games)Maybe a different planet/asteroid. named Naji or something that is somehow connected with Naju. or Derived from Naju somehow, and has a similar, but slightly different strain of alien monsters

also. some more plot theme. Naji is flying toward earth...but there is no self destruct mechanism (we can change this, im just throwing out ideas) we have followed the path of Naji on the computer and it looks like the point of impact is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Naji is small. the asteroid is only as big as a basketball or smaller. Naji has no self destruct mechanism  (did i say that already :P) its GONNA hit earth no matter what. but with its small size it isnt very harmful. but the aliens are. if Naji collides with earth before the new guardian kills the main boss (and by consequence all the littler ones) than the world will only suffer a little sting as the asteroid lands in the ocean and everything is fine. if we fail to stop the aliens than once the tiny creatures touch our water they grow and begin to take over the world...

so what do you guys think so far?

MoonCloud

I think it would be interesting to let the game be a prequel to TGL - in other words a story that happened before.
In that case, we could use NAJU as a planet, and we would already have a good story. Who is really the person behind the recorded messages?
We could make a game out of his story.. but I guess that story wouldn't have a happy ending..

but do you see what I'm getting at here?
We can build a new game based on what we know from the pieces of story that Miria finds for us.

Megadeth502

thats a really good idea too.

i always wondered who left the messages in the first place

RandomSpriter

Quote from: MoonCloud on May 04, 2010, 04:36:13 PM
I think it would be interesting to let the game be a prequel to TGL - in other words a story that happened before.
In that case, we could use NAJU as a planet, and we would already have a good story. Who is really the person behind the recorded messages?
We could make a game out of his story.. but I guess that story wouldn't have a happy ending..

but do you see what I'm getting at here?
We can build a new game based on what we know from the pieces of story that Miria finds for us.

Already taken up that at the thought on Page 1 and 2 about it being a prequel, or sequal(Mostly only talked about a possible sequel so far, with ideas flying around, and we have several things already thought up about the Guardian Creation and other things linked to it.

Brainstorming is only the first phase where people mix their ideas about to see which one feels the most wanted by most of us. :)

Also, a prequel may sound fun too, but that would leave most of our brainstorming so far pretty much unneeded, heh.

RandomSpriter

Quote from: Megadeth502 on May 04, 2010, 03:58:33 PM
i think we should NOT put the new game on NAJU. NAJU gets blown up. and i dont think it would work ver well on earth either.(aliens take over earth....you have to elimnate them. it makes the game very similar to other games)Maybe a different planet/asteroid. named Naji or something that is somehow connected with Naju. or Derived from Naju somehow, and has a similar, but slightly different strain of alien monsters

also. some more plot theme. Naji is flying toward earth...but there is no self destruct mechanism (we can change this, im just throwing out ideas) we have followed the path of Naji on the computer and it looks like the point of impact is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Naji is small. the asteroid is only as big as a basketball or smaller. Naji has no self destruct mechanism  (did i say that already :P) its GONNA hit earth no matter what. but with its small size it isnt very harmful. but the aliens are. if Naji collides with earth before the new guardian kills the main boss (and by consequence all the littler ones) than the world will only suffer a little sting as the asteroid lands in the ocean and everything is fine. if we fail to stop the aliens than once the tiny creatures touch our water they grow and begin to take over the world...

so what do you guys think so far?

What if this Naji isn't able to be self destructed, but since it's smaller then Naju, why not be able to "decrease" the mass by several means?
Like "exploding" off smaller parts, or cut them though, or active energy sources like High Pressured ventilations that get clogged to "push" off smaller blocks of Naji?

arseniy

Well watch the ending of the game carefuly. Naju not blowed up. It became black. Do you see any stars appears? No. U see explosions and ex-star became totally black because you not see any stars behind it. That is why I got the idea of Naju going to parralel world.
See the gif animation. Download if browser not plays gif animations for you:
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/792/najublack.gif

Miria could think Naju did explode because while she was busy with final monster(appeared from nowhere? read further)Naju went to parralel world. So where from last boss appeared? Well think about. The falling small things is a part of defence system.It's same as in the begining. So it means Miria flyes back to Naju trying to figure what's going on and why ex-star not blowed but strangely went black and the boss appeared from the Naju itself to protect it to go into the parralel world.

Prequel:
I think prequel better be a different project. I hope we do a project with something where it is easy to edit levels, dialogs. By now we discussed a little Multi Media Fusion game making program. Nothing else on horisont yet.

Would you agree with me it should be an open source project with mods possible for people who are not familiar with programming but level designing and dialogues? Something like M.U.G.E.N projects you know? The elements should be possible to switch/port between moded games as well. So it would be possible to make new hero in the old game or changing weapons for the "classic" hero. Or put new enemies made for side story into the other story.

This would be a way to keep project going on after the basic sequel done. Side stories and new stories could be done based on that.

RagnarokNAJU

prequel might be a fast paced insane hard version of the game that is actually a "virtual" training to the mission

not a huge idea ad its been done im sure... but i put it out here so ya.... :-\
~~ Cleaveland

RandomSpriter

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on May 04, 2010, 09:36:40 PM
prequel might be a fast paced insane hard version of the game that is actually a "virtual" training to the mission

not a huge idea ad its been done im sure... but i put it out here so ya.... :-\

Well, that sounds fine really. as a Tutorial level, but for a full game to be all in tutorial sounds like it's abit overboard.^^

Arseniy: Naju really looks like it blew up. =/
Then again, never trust your eyes. So that sounds like a good use for it, but Naju was pretty damaged from Miria's adventure, even with all the self destruct initiated and blown up.

Prequel: I say we should do a sequel really. Just to make sure Miria gets a cameo :P
As for open source, I say that the one who will do the programming should decide that if he wants to or not, since it's his own coding and everything that he'll do.

arseniy

well look animation closely. Do you see a single star behind Naju's "Blew"? No there is no :) If it did blow then you could see some stars appear on the empty space here you see only black.
+ Where from the last boss appeared? I think it's possible that Miria flies back to Naju and meets him.

I don't think 1 person able to programm it. Some would write basic stuff, some people could programm single enemies etc...
That is why yet I think about MultiMedia Fusion or something like that. It would be easy to catch up and we can come up with tutorial how to program enemy without a need to learn all the MMF or any other programm we going to use for the TGL project.

RandomSpriter

Well, I think we should avoid Naju for the sequel really.
A new setting never hurts with the similiar atmosphere, and what if Naju really just phased out as a defense mechanism? Would mean that the Self destruct was not even there. <.< Even though Miria activated it.

As for the Coding: Why not use Game Maker for it? It's easy to use imo, and usually never takes alot of time to learn.

arseniy

Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 05, 2010, 10:06:26 AM
Well, I think we should avoid Naju for the sequel really.
A new setting never hurts with the similiar atmosphere, and what if Naju really just phased out as a defense mechanism? Would mean that the Self destruct was not even there. <.< Even though Miria activated it.

As for the Coding: Why not use Game Maker for it? It's easy to use imo, and usually never takes alot of time to learn.
Because Multi Media Fusion is same as game maker but better. Well but also some guy told me better avoid game maker as it is not very as cross platformed as MMF.

Another plot vary:

Aliens attack earth and our weapons failed against them.
Some "scientist" gives his friend who has a daughter some persmission to a secret place where The Guardian is. With the destruction very close they get into the secret place and the girl goes inside the capsule(megaman!?)without really knowing whats going on. Gettin inside capsule she very fast gettin to sleep and the capsule moves deeper inside the earth making The Guardian some protected.
After 500 years The Guardian awakes and getting on surface.

The Earth is under aliens control and humans are slaves.

RandomSpriter

Would the Aliens be the Naju monsters or others?

arseniy

Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 05, 2010, 07:53:46 PM
Would the Aliens be the Naju monsters or others?
Probably the same ones that attacked Naju. But if we decide that Miria destroyed Naju then no monsters from Naju.

RandomSpriter

Another variation of the setting of the sequel
Naju: Research and Development Planet
Naji: Military Based Planet
Naja: Habital Based Planet
Najo: Natural Based Planet(Where the Aliens came from before spreading to all Naj-eons.

The one who said about Naji before gave me this idea that it may be of some connection to other created Planets.
Not to mention that all things found on Naju feels like it was a research or something about "A zoo" with minerals, jungles and lots more.

About Naju: Actually, I think we can use Naju again, however, it's not a playable area due to that it would be a remake then, which is what we not would want. About what Arseniy said before I think we may be able to use "phasing" out of this plane of existance as a valid option of keeping Naju around.

I have an idea of something that would make sense when I post next time, it'll take some time to write.

About Arseniy's Vary: The only qualm I have about that, is that the aliens wouldn't "slave" the population, more like they would feed on them. =/

RagnarokNAJU

Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 05, 2010, 08:54:07 PM
About Arseniy's Vary: The only qualm I have about that, is that the aliens wouldn't "slave" the population, more like they would feed on them. =/
that makes sense.. humanity threatened out of exsistence rather than inslaved..

for some reason Dune popped into my head as i wrote this.. especially the hidden groups of humans and hiding from the worm...
~~ Cleaveland