Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Plot Basic Discussion Thread.

Started by RandomSpriter, April 27, 2010, 10:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

Hm! Well but isn't Naju was a planet conquored by aliens??? The why Aliens would have similar names for their planets?
It says this star Naju was our home - remember?
But we were invided by evil-life forms.

I wonder why it was star - not planet. Or is it in english you can call planet a star?

Playing Naju with Miria feels a lot like a planet left by thinking creatures.
The monsters behave silly while everything around is high technology.

Shoba

Its sometimes a common mistake to call a planet a star. It happened pretty often on older SciFi Movies "I come from another star.". And the reason why the monsters behave silly is quite simple: Technical Limitation of the NES i suppose.

I played around with some ideas for a sequel I wanted to create myself as well some time ago... I thought of an ancient, unknown race. They where immortal, but they knew the universe would collapse one day, so they started to transform the universe. They broke apart planets and suns to create gigantic [Dyson Spheres] to gain more power and control over how the universe works. Naju was one of their "smaller" Scouting Units, since it only had the size of a normal planet and was powered by a dwarf star. Since the "Harvesters" (that's the name the rest of the galaxy gave them) thought Naju would be enough to "liberate" the matter of the Sol System, they where pretty surprised when they found out their plan has been prevented by a single Cyborg from Earth, which strengthened the resistance against the Harvesters, since the surviving landers spread this information through the galaxy.

Part two would be in my storyline about 50 years after part one, when the first battle Dyson Sphere would reach Pluto and destroy it. To add some story twists, the original Guardian would have gone missing since 25 years, so the military of the Unified Earth (Its my opinion, once mankind faces an greater thread then them self, they will unify till that thread disappears again :3) tried to create a second one, only this version is an android, unlike the first one, which was a cyborg.

faxinadu

i really like the earth invasion idea. maybe instead of them laying doormat in space, it could be that debrrie from naju's destruction came crashing into earth's atmosphere and some forms of naju life survived. the crator of the debrie blast could then serve as the focal point / final level type place.

alternitvley, the plot could be something like after the destruction of naju, alyssa is sent into deep space to find the origins of these creatures so they never strike earth again.

RandomSpriter

Quote from: faxinadu on May 06, 2010, 07:26:09 AM
i really like the earth invasion idea. maybe instead of them laying doormat in space, it could be that debrrie from naju's destruction came crashing into earth's atmosphere and some forms of naju life survived. the crator of the debrie blast could then serve as the focal point / final level type place.

alternitvley, the plot could be something like after the destruction of naju, alyssa is sent into deep space to find the origins of these creatures so they never strike earth again.

And that's how far we've gotten more or less

The 2 possible "ways" of the story at the moment is these 2.

faxinadu

they could maybe be combined.

could use the earth invasion plot, and at some point in the plot information is found that leads to the coordinates of the naju creature's origins :)

RandomSpriter

Now I'm liking the way you think!

Earth may be the first step. Hmmm.

This may be able to become more then just one sequel, maybe even two. :P

faxinadu

maybe a google docs account can be created for this project, with participating members all having access to the documents online. this could serve as a sort of development hq for all the files related to the plot and production.

arseniy

Yup we will use google docs right when we have real need in that.

I was thikning... Maybe we should not make a plot with mass humans killing? There is so much apocaliptic plots(movies games) I thought why to add a misirable feelings to the players... I think we better to keep battle out of earth.

Megadeth502

i also think the game should not take place on earth.

maybe the game can start on earth. the intro story segment or whatever. and then the guardian blasts off into space to go save the earth again.
???

RandomSpriter

Well, we could have it very simply.

Intro
1: Piece of the "IT" drops on Earth, carrying over some of the aliens. that creates a Crater close to a city, and they have to call in a Guardian to attack the crater, and need to go through the Ruined City and then to the Crater where they face off a smaller version of IT(Stuck in the ground.)

2: After going through some of the Landers Information, it seems that there's several other "najeons" in existance, and Naju was just one part of it. With that information, the Earth Unity Society decides to "scavenge" what the other planets have, and that they have found out that Naji is the closest of the Najeons and sends off a group of Guardians to investigate it.

Hmm?

arseniy

That thing that attacked Naju also can be called EDO - evil dark object :) Not very new idea but why not suggest. Or maybe the bad creature behind that call himself Edo without interpretating it like abbreviation.

faxinadu

Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 07, 2010, 05:44:16 PM
Well, we could have it very simply.

Intro
1: Piece of the "IT" drops on Earth, carrying over some of the aliens. that creates a Crater close to a city, and they have to call in a Guardian to attack the crater, and need to go through the Ruined City and then to the Crater where they face off a smaller version of IT(Stuck in the ground.)

2: After going through some of the Landers Information, it seems that there's several other "najeons" in existance, and Naju was just one part of it. With that information, the Earth Unity Society decides to "scavenge" what the other planets have, and that they have found out that Naji is the closest of the Najeons and sends off a group of Guardians to investigate it.

Hmm?

i like this a lot

RandomSpriter

Quote from: Shoba on May 06, 2010, 02:41:35 AM
Its sometimes a common mistake to call a planet a star. It happened pretty often on older SciFi Movies "I come from another star.". And the reason why the monsters behave silly is quite simple: Technical Limitation of the NES i suppose.

I played around with some ideas for a sequel I wanted to create myself as well some time ago... I thought of an ancient, unknown race. They where immortal, but they knew the universe would collapse one day, so they started to transform the universe. They broke apart planets and suns to create gigantic [Dyson Spheres] to gain more power and control over how the universe works. Naju was one of their "smaller" Scouting Units, since it only had the size of a normal planet and was powered by a dwarf star. Since the "Harvesters" (that's the name the rest of the galaxy gave them) thought Naju would be enough to "liberate" the matter of the Sol System, they where pretty surprised when they found out their plan has been prevented by a single Cyborg from Earth, which strengthened the resistance against the Harvesters, since the surviving landers spread this information through the galaxy.

Part two would be in my storyline about 50 years after part one, when the first battle Dyson Sphere would reach Pluto and destroy it. To add some story twists, the original Guardian would have gone missing since 25 years, so the military of the Unified Earth (Its my opinion, once mankind faces an greater thread then them self, they will unify till that thread disappears again :3) tried to create a second one, only this version is an android, unlike the first one, which was a cyborg.

Anything else you can provide about this?
So far this is the only thing we can think of atm from your words about the creators of Naju. :p

RandomSpriter

Main Key Events for Part 1 "Introduction."

Of course, Work in Progress. =P

arseniy

Sounds like very big RPG. If this is only part 1!!??
Imagine how much pictures you need for this.
Whats the plan?
Also what is DP and what is DAP?