Fans are welcome!

Mario in TGL world!

Started by arseniy, March 26, 2011, 12:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoden_2010

Quote from: arseniy on March 26, 2011, 12:16:57 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/higsby/dimensionx.htm
yay WTF is this???

Its a home-brew "hack" of games using Mario from the SNES in a Flash script? 16-bit mario in 8-bit to 16bit levels, not going to run on your old NES that's for sure.

It appears to use code scripted from various games from the NES, Genesis, and SNES. IT's MAJOR copyright infringement in the US to do this kind of thing, let alone distribute via W.W.W. ... not sure what its purpose was other than brake video games we know and love into a Mario Brothers style level.

zeldatimelinefreak

Yes it's MAJOR copyright infringement, but it's more of a hack using an editing program (Lunar Magic?). Anyway, if there was an editing program like this for TGL we could make hacks daily (not saying we should, but it would be could change it however we wanted). It would require a lot of work though...
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

AlastorSX

I wouldn't mind dabbling in hacking. I have already destroyed TGL countless times inside and out, so I wouldn't mind making it a little more challenging.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."