Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend Box Art

Started by TrickyCC, May 21, 2010, 05:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrickyCC

Wanted to make something similar to Nintendo's box covers, so I took my free time and made this:

Not 100% perfect, but yeah.

arseniy

lol it looks almost better than original cover. I mean if they drew something like this with a non pixel ship but normal looking it would be much better than the original covers. In my opinion they all bad.

RandomSpriter

The art of the original NES Cover wasn't bad. Just was a vision of a person who hadn't played the game and knew the model.

arseniy

hm... I dunno. It seems bad for me if look at it solidly. Also yes not very related to the feel of the game. Maybe as separate pictures it was ok but not as an art cover.

RandomSpriter

I think it was a "Special artist" that made it for them, and they couldn't refuse to use it.

arseniy

There is 3 official covers right?

RandomSpriter

I only know of 2.
The Cyborg/android original Japanese.
And the Eye American release.

TrickyCC

Don't forget the European cover (the best one in my opinion) :

RandomSpriter

O.o
I thought that was the Original Japanese one.

arseniy

Yes this one probably best but still pretty horible because the character completely different from what we see in the game  :(

RagnarokNAJU

I love the american cover! Great serious atmosphere!
although i must agree.. it has nothing to do with the game it seems..

And here is the Japan cover art.. which is amazing.. you can see the wings and gun..
I dont know what would possess them to think we didnt want this art..
Feels very JENOVA-ish... heh...
~~ Cleaveland

RandomSpriter

RagnarokNAJU

~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

lol no. it's awesome as separate pics but related to the game it's horrible :skull: :skull: :skull:

RagnarokNAJU

Quote from: arseniy on May 25, 2010, 08:25:05 AM
lol no. it's awesome as separate pics but related to the game it's horrible :skull: :skull: :skull:

you can't be serious! the japan cover is a female in a wing suit with a gun and machines.. i think it relates to the game greatly!! how exact could they have gotten?
~~ Cleaveland