Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Pyron

Started by optomon, February 29, 2012, 07:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

optomon

Pyron

Here is a game I've been working on for about a year now, and that I aim to finish within this year. It's a complicated NES rom hack to the point where it resembles its own game. The gameplay is like Metroid, but it contains obvious influences of TGL. I built a website for it to demonstrate what the game is all about, what is in it, etc.

I hope to put up a video of the gameplay at some point, but for now just enjoy the website.

arseniy

Hehe. Looks nice. I m not a fan of Metroid but there are pllenty out there who like Metroid so it should be intresting release.

teremochek

interesting.
I will wait for the release..

optomon

Thought you guys might like this.

It's not actually the full message, but the end of it.

arseniy

optomon

I put up a video of gameplay now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9sBxqcN2sY

arseniy

Quote from: optomon on May 29, 2012, 02:32:13 AM
I put up a video of gameplay now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9sBxqcN2sY

You should find someone to draw a better animation for main character and mabye even improve him. For example knees and elebows could have details. Not sure how to exaplain. Something like... oh well I'll try to draw it. See attachment.

How was the music composed? It's really good!

The overal game looks great.

optomon

I think animating the character was the first thing I did on this project, which is probably why it comes off as a graphical eyesore. I guess I just got used to it and didn't think much of it. I'd have to find a way to animate his feet three frames properly. The version you drew might look nicer in game.

The music is composed in hex, e.g. hacking a game's .nsf file. It's sounds like a tedious process, but I have so much experience doing it that it is no longer a strenuous procedure.

arseniy

So you are composer of the music? It's really good yay! :heart:

teremochek

very well!
I see a lot of different monsters and weapons.
Good animation BG.
Flamethrower looks great.