Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Indie Game Legend

Started by phubans, March 03, 2011, 03:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phubans

Hey guys, not sure where else to post this, but I thought I'd let you all know that my TGL spiritual sequel has been released!

The Indie Game Legend, or TIGL for short, is a spiritual sequel to the NES cult-classic of a similar title- The Guardian Legend. The gameplay and themes are also very reminiscent of Guardian Legend, as you take control of a space warrior while exploring over 125 rooms spanning 5 different areas. At your disposal will be an assortment of 8 different weapons to dispatch dozens of enemies and bosses. Solve the puzzles of each area, defeat the bosses, rescue the captive indies, rinse, and repeat until you complete your challenging mission.

This game was developed specifically for the enjoyment of the TIGSource community as well as fans of The Guardian Legend, so the humor is very referential. Though, even if you don?t get the jokes you should still be able to enjoy the game on its own, and I hope you will! ...and as an added bonus for TGL fans, I've included a secret easter egg room that should be a delight for anyone who finds it!

Click on the picture for more images.

Download 21.6 MB Zip

UserK

I'm downloading it right now.
I was expecting something different. I suppose this other project is just not meant to be developed anymore?

UserK

I've played up to area 2 up to now. It's fairly funny. I think the inspiration from TGL isn't very pronounced. It feels more like a top-down metroid to me.

Wow, that's quite a feat!

UserK

Do you know the game crashes on exit?

arseniy

try send him email. that could be usefull for him to fix bugs.

UserK

I don't think it's necessary, but what we care is that:
<spoiler alert>

arseniy

UserK

It has some interesting touches here and there. But I cannot really stand the graphics (it's too blocky for me) and the tight musical loops... I'd say it's a fairly good work for a "joke game" but as a "game" i'd give it a 5/10. Perhaps I will have another tour and list the things I liked and disliked, because I remember only the last section right now.

phubans

Thanks for the feedback. I'm aware of the issues with the game crashing on exit; that has to do with the DLL that's handling the game's music not unloading itself properly (not sure how to fix this) but it doesn't really interfere with the game itself, so I'm not too concerned with that bug. I would like to go back and fix up a few bugs that were noticeable with the release, hopefully you didn't encounter any (probably not, if you were able to finish the game)...

Sorry to hear you didn't like it that much, but I'm really glad you found the TGL shrine easter egg! Thanks for playing.