Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Mirin... Anyone ever googled it? I just did...

Started by AlastorSX, October 20, 2012, 11:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlastorSX

So the only origin I found of this name is of Celtic/Irish origin, which made a bit of sense seeing it our lovely protagonist is a red "Or brownish red" blue-eyed woman. Now, the part that doesn't make sense? Mirin is only used as a male's name from my understanding. The word that stuck out the most in my findings was "genius." The whole reason I did the research in the first place was to find common ground on a name for an idea to help name a new female protagonist in another forum. As for that forum, which I will post there later, I think a fitting name would be one that actually means "guardian" in some way. As far as I know so far, Mirin is NOT a female name, and the name hasn't popped up in the U.S.A. in over 100 years according to one site. Anyone found anything else on the name? I am very interested in doing a more thorough search to find out why someone named the guardian the name they did. That alone would be useful info. in developing a personality for a new guardian legend, since I am sure that the developers never really gave Mirin a personality besides the aspiration to destroy Naju. In fact, we as the fans could give her one, if we could all vote and agree on it. I will do more research on the name itself, and maybe make some poles on it to see how everyone else sees Mirin. It may not be important TGL facts, but it will be something fun for us to do as fans.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

UserK

Very interesting find indeed. You definitely got some determination, given you appear to have did quite some cross-searching.

arseniy

Hey, Miria alien captain girl is from Robotech/Macross. They probably took the name from that pilot:

AlastorSX

I love Macross II: Lovers again. Was one of my favs growing up. Quite a possibility they got the name there, or even the inspiration in general.

EinhanderZwei

I always thought that Miria's name is IREM pronounced backwards. Kinda makes sense... I think...

arseniy

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: arseniy on October 22, 2012, 06:32:26 AM
Developer of the game is Compile.
Um... yeah, but someone had to publish it.  ;) Also, isn't this connected to Miria being renamed to Alyssa fr the versions published by Broderbund...

AlastorSX

I researched the wrong name lol. SO I am going to try to find a link between all of the guardian's names to see if they have any kind of conncection. Probably not, but you never know  :redlander: