Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Hi everyone!

Started by sam81, October 29, 2012, 09:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam81

New here, first post! Found this site over the weekend while looking at TGL videos on Youtube. I had no idea that a sequel was being developed! TGL was actually my 2nd video game ever, right after Mario since that was already included with the NES.

I had specifically asked my dad to buy me Zelda since all of my friends were playing that. He instead came home with TGL, saying that the store had sold out of Zelda and he didn't want to come back empty handed. I was distraught, but after weeks and months of playing TGL, I was having a great time with this game and ended up liking it MUCH better than Zelda. I was very thankful over the years that I received TGL rather than the other game. I don't think I would have ever found TGL on my own. Truly a unique game for its time.

Quick questions- What platform is the sequel being developed for? Any idea on a release date yet? Or is it too early for that?

Thanks!!!!!

RubyC42

Welcome  aboard!  :D And you should be thankful to your dad too that he himself managed to pick up a classic game  :bluelander:

And it depends on what "sequel" you're referring to - there's a "mod" of TGL that's already out (Version 3.0 or 3.1 with recent bug fixes) which works with any NES emulator or actual NES-compatiable system if you're geeky enough to make it work there.

There is also a different game that's in the works which i think is a PC-platform? [sorry guys, i haven't been keeping up with THAT project so i don't know D: ]

[I take it you have seen my videos too, then? XD i know it's currently on hold... i'm "stuck" in area 7 in the mod]
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

AlastorSX

Welcome! I have played a very long time myself. If you play little big planet, check out my area 0 demo with Optomon for the boss!
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

arseniy

That's cool :redlander: Welcome :heart:
The sequels are problematic. There are some individuals trying to do some stuff but it goes very very slow or stopped because it's really hard to do.

UserK

Hello Sam. Why were you searching for youtube videos? Was it the music? Or the gameplay? Or perhaps you hoped you could find an updated version and perhaps a community?

At the cost of being nitpicky, IREM still holds TGL copyright so I don't think anyone but them can do remakes. But we can do tributes. Or remakes. Or similar, inspired games. I guess.