Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend: WORLDS

Started by Quoise Games, February 19, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quoise Games

Enjoy TGL: WORLDS, a journey through alternate realities of Naju.  Experience new cooridors, twisting labyrinths, easy and unfair fights, and more!

Unzip the program and open TGLWorlds.html. Upload a standard TGL.nes file and a new world will be generated for you. 

Currently on version 1.0. More changes to come

File attached.

Special thanks to all the members of this forum, especially those of you who have posted information about the ROM's data.

Eventually, I want to randomize how corridors are unlocked.  If anyone wants to contribute any information concerning the corridor unlocking feature, I would be grateful.  Or if anyone wants to work with me in general on the next release, or just wants specific information about the hack was done, just let me know.

[edit ] version 1.0 is more like inspiration for the hack.  You'll see that its unbalanced, there are some strange cooridors, there is an easy way to win or lose.  some cooridors are near emtpy or have graphically glitched enemes, some bosses have seemingly endless hp or super low hp.   So feel free to post what you like/don't like/what you'd like to see and we'll try to get that in the next version.

[edit] version 1.1 is now attached.  In this version you can select the type of things you want changed.
Hope ya like it. If you don't, it will mean that I have failed.  :bluelander:

[edit] Version 1.2 is now attached.  Makes Boss HP reasonable, removes problem with empty corridors,  unique boss for each corridor, only has corridors 1 - 21 in labyrinth.

[edit] Version 1.3 is now attached.  Randomization of enemy movement patterns.

[edit] Version 1.4 is now attached. Spruced up the interface, added Change Data Log feature, which prints out all the data that has been changed. You can also modify this text file and reupload it to  change the file you're creating. This is the file you'd post on the internet to share with others, if you want them to play your world (or a feature of your world). It's not fully completed yet though.  Also make sure that weapons atleast cost 1 chip, and chip value should be within the range of weapon strength.

[edit] Version 1.5 is now attached.  Added corridor brakes. Pressing start will bring the corridor speed to 0.  Also reduced occurances of Claw Bot.

[edit] Version 1.6 is up. Added "Fighting Chance". When running low on HP, you'll earn a small boost of HP after destroying some enemies, just enough to give you a fighting chance.

[edit] Version 1.7 is up.  Fixed Corridor 17, added few lines of random text. Made all weapons on all levels show random speed.  Toned down random movement patterns

[edit] Got the Speed Racer up (download available here http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,2001.msg8049.html#msg8049). This is basically a streamlined labyrinth master with all the corridors and areas in order. Balanced and good for completion race challenges.

arseniy

it randomly generates every time?
[edit] - i see. It does generate randomly. I m not sure about good color generation because my eyes feel pain from what there is generated.
[edit2] - seems funny but hardly playable. More like a source of inspiration for ф hack :)
anyway acid color ruins the fun.
Also the bosses should be more random and bosses from corridors should be possible to be in walk-mode, and bosses from walk-mode should be possible in corridors. Balance of this is bad. I stumbled on that "sun" miniboss and it wasn't hard but had so much HP I'm tired to run around, I turned on cheat.
[edit3] - corridor 22 is available in the map. I think it should not be as well as 21 should be closed before you beat all main corridors.
The corridors 23 and above is not playable.
In generation I tried to play corridor 17 wasn't playable. Was just simple background running over and over. I speed throttled to see if boss appear later because some other corridors was empty or almost empty but had boss. Those had normal variative background tho.

P.S.
About improve you should talk with optomon. He knows a lot about the game you know.

arseniy

What I also didn't liked that some subwepons don't do damage and some bosses don't shoot anything.

arseniy

Also an idea. Because all things is random there could be option to copy/paste parts of the game you liked to some special build. Maybe even the original one?
This way it's like making another hack but different way.
Here is some level is kinda nice but - fireball don't work. First half of the level is almost empty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6koOs4bVjhM#t=34

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on February 21, 2015, 01:50:21 PM
Also an idea. Because all things is random there could be option to copy/paste parts of the game you liked to some special build. Maybe even the original one?
This way it's like making another hack but different way.
Here is some level is kinda nice but - fireball don't work. First half of the level is almost empty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6koOs4bVjhM#t=34

Thank you for your input, and that is a great idea.  I've posted version 1.1.  In this version you can select what you want randomized.

arseniy

It's hard to like it for general person, you know it. It's hardly playable.
Consider to shuffle the bosses instead of random. It gave me alsmost only Clawbot and Bombarder in every damn corridor. So boring.
But some bosses could be reduced too. For example that floor polip boss is so boring. And there are too much of those. The crystal boss met only once and dragon met only once, could be done 2 times.
Maybe instead of random to make their HP and damage relative to corridor?

I found it pretty fun that the final boss had fire rate higher than original. Optomon could do something similar in his hack and maybe make him shoot something different. But firerate also give it a good challenge improve.
Can you make random bullets for bosses or it's not possible to change what it shoots?

Also how do I open corridor 4 without  :bluelanderbig:?
Also why corridor 0 always same?
And as I mentioned the corridors above 21 should not be there. And 21 should be opened like in original after all main are beaten. Because what the point to let player to enter corridor 21 or 22 and the game is beaten.

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on February 22, 2015, 08:54:54 AM
It's hard to like it for general person, you know it. It's hardly playable.
Consider to shuffle the bosses instead of random. It gave me alsmost only Clawbot and Bombarder in every damn corridor. So boring.
But some bosses could be reduced too. For example that floor polip boss is so boring. And there are too much of those. The crystal boss met only once and dragon met only once, could be done 2 times.
Maybe instead of random to make their HP and damage relative to corridor?

I found it pretty fun that the final boss had fire rate higher than original. Optomon could do something similar in his hack and maybe make him shoot something different. But firerate also give it a good challenge improve.
Can you make random bullets for bosses or it's not possible to change what it shoots?

Also how do I open corridor 4 without  :bluelanderbig:?
Also why corridor 0 always same?
And as I mentioned the corridors above 21 should not be there. And 21 should be opened like in original after all main are beaten. Because what the point to let player to enter corridor 21 or 22 and the game is beaten.

I like the idea of setting the HP of the boss relative to the corridor. I 'll be able to reduce the corridors to 21 (just wanted to add some glitch corridors there to add to the randomness of it all)  I left the layout of corridor 0 there the same so that the user can be pretty much guaranteed to at least get through that.  Also, I'll be sure to not repeat bosses and remove boring ones, like you suggested.  I can change what the bosses shoot, but it will take a while to test it properly. I should have the rest of these suggestions in sometime tomorrow

arseniy

Add the option to remove corridor 0 from randomization. I don't like that it's same all time, would be cool to play something different there.

Grimgrin

This tool is more fun that the other one. I'm having fun with this one too!
Currently extending the game.

arseniy

Quote from: Grimgrin on February 25, 2015, 03:43:15 PM

Are you going to join?

Quoise Games

Version 1.2 is now attached.  Makes Boss HP reasonable, removes problem with empty corridors, unique boss for each corridor, only has corridors 1 - 21 in labyrinth.

arseniy

randomization for the corridor 0 plaese :redlander:
BTW, does it makes any difference if I make randomie for original ROM or for already randomized?

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on February 26, 2015, 12:10:41 PM
randomization for the corridor 0 plaese :redlander:
BTW, does it makes any difference if I make randomie for original ROM or for already randomized?

You can reuse a nes rom as many times as you like.  For example, if you get a rom with a palette you like, but you don't like your weapon selection, you can reupload the palette rom, and only randomize the weapon selection.

Next update, I'll have corridor 0 randomized, but by default it will be set to off.

Grimgrin

Quote from: arseniy on February 26, 2015, 12:46:00 AM
Quote from: Grimgrin on February 25, 2015, 03:43:15 PM

Are you going to join?

Well I have some cool ideas for this too. If I have one, I can post it.
Currently extending the game.

Quoise Games

Version 1.3 is now posted.  added randomization of enemy movement patterns.  Sometimes enemies will loop around the screen. Other times, they'll be limited to vertical movement only (or horizontal only).