Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

It's because the randomness in TGL depend on timer. I saw something similar walking outside of map tho there is a lot of unique bug. Those bugs even give some ideas for game creation. Unfortunatelly they not lead to anything and not so great most of times XD.

optomon

I'm pretty sure I changed the maps of some of the areas shown in that video in the newest version possible... I suppose it's possible you could have downloaded it before I changed those.

Ratix

it could be possible but i have two versions. the 1st version doesn't have the altered title screen colors and the newest one is the one where the titlescreen is changed around a bit.

optomon

The current version has all of the corridors altered as well as the map. It can be downloaded through the link in this topic.

Ratix

i'll redownload and try again.
and yeah all the corridors are altered quite a bit in the version i had posted too.
so i redownloaded it and tried it. works great. sorry bout the arguing optomon. but i swear i had it downloaded from the same source. its quite possible like you said i downloaded it right before you fixed it up. im not mad or anything like that i hope you are not mad either about it.
i guess i was using 1.0 now that it works on the console. the deal was i had the earliest form of the game, without the titlescreen altered, and the newest one ,the one with the titlescreen colors all red and whatnot. i think thats where my problem came from. so essentially i had the initial version, then 1.0. and never had 2.0 because i thought it was 2.0.
i also attached my password progress so far in the game because i can!

optomon

Nah, I'm not mad at all. Just trying to figure out what had happened. But you brought it to my attention and I got it fixed. How are you playing this on actual hardware by the way, I know of a couple ways, but which one did you use?

arseniy

Ratix - that would be intresting to hear your answer for Optomon's question. We all use software. How u use hardware?

Optomon - now you see there is a point to use version prefix to avoid possible confusions like this.

zeldatimelinefreak

DUDE!!! That's awesome!!! I need to get that and play my roms on the NES!!! The only thing is that I'm saving up for the 3DS, so I can't get it :(...
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

Ratix

end game :bluelanderbig:
all i can say is i died up to 4 times against those unique bosses you made. took a while to figure out a strat on them.
loved the new ways that were thought up to open certain corridors. although i didn't find all the weapons available to me i think i was missing a few upgrades. you can see what im missing with that latest password i gave. at least i think its the latest password. loved the designs on naju after words very great hack man.

optomon

It is possible to fully upgrade all weapons. All but one of the upgrades were passed on early in the game, and the one that wasn't I think needed to be purchased in a shop against two other items. Good job beating the game.

Ratix

i dare say shooter mode only might be unplayable... unless the weapon upgrades in that mode are the same. and yes thank you so much for making this game awesome.
i think a corridor is missing in tgl mode

zeldatimelinefreak

I loaded your password and you also missed a speed upgrade in the main area! I picked it up and went straight to corridor 21. On ground I felt like I was going super speed (blazing through rooms in mere fractions of seconds), but in SHMUP I felt like I was in more control than ever.
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

optomon

The 2.0 version is now downloadable on RHDN

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/629/

At least I think it's the correct version  :bluelander:

arseniy

Quote from: optomon on August 10, 2011, 07:48:28 PM
The 2.0 version is now downloadable on RHDN

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/629/

At least I think it's the correct version  :bluelander:
Have you made any changes since you posted a news about 2.0 here on forum???

Anyway if you not know, you need a patch program to update the rom. Don't forget to create backup before you do.
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil.html - I used Lunar IPS