Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optomon

It should be, I last updated it on Saturday, which is when I submitted the romhacking.net update.

arseniy

Maybe update it once again for a case? Because people will download the ROM from the first post.

optomon

Yeah, I could do a security upload tonight (my time).

DFStormbringer

i like to consider myself a tiny bit of an expert at this game.. sadly im finding this version to be a tad bit unplayable.

increased difficulty is one thing.. but reducing your main gun to only 3 shots when your secondary weapon is equiped is a bit much.. some even reduce it to only 2 shots of the main weapon allowed on screen at a time.

punnishing me for having a secondary equipped is just stupid..  especially being the main gun is your primary way of doing damage to enemies.

youve already reduced the ammount of damage upgrades and max power we get.. and boosted the enemies health.. but LITERALLY taking what damage we can do.. and further half it.  no its just stupid.
-= Dare not ever meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are very crunchy an flavor rather well with bbq sauce =-

optomon

I have no memory of reducing shot levels while having a secondary weapon equipped. Are you depleting your chip levels cause that's what happens in the original game too.

Ratix

Quote from: DFStormbringer on October 15, 2012, 07:55:35 PM
i like to consider myself a tiny bit of an expert at this game.. sadly im finding this version to be a tad bit unplayable.

increased difficulty is one thing.. but reducing your main gun to only 3 shots when your secondary weapon is equiped is a bit much.. some even reduce it to only 2 shots of the main weapon allowed on screen at a time.

punnishing me for having a secondary equipped is just stupid..  especially being the main gun is your primary way of doing damage to enemies.

youve already reduced the ammount of damage upgrades and max power we get.. and boosted the enemies health.. but LITERALLY taking what damage we can do.. and further half it.  no its just stupid.
you probably didn't notice it before but its very present in the original game. uh wait what?
Quote from: optomon on October 15, 2012, 09:56:31 PM
I have no memory of reducing shot levels while having a secondary weapon equipped. Are you depleting your chip levels cause that's what happens in the original game too.
i think he is referring to the fact that when you are set to NO USE and hold down the B button you fire 4 shots of the main weapon. when you equip a secondary its reduced to 3 main shots at a time. like 2 secondary weapons actually take up a total of 2 shots of the main firepower at a time. the orbs that travel around the screen do that.

arseniy

In the original game it is same - no USE = 4 blaster bullets on screen - equiped secondary = 3 bullets.

RubyC42

i like to consider myself a tiny bit of an expert at this game..

but reducing your main gun to only 3 shots when your secondary weapon is equiped is a bit much.. some even reduce it to only 2 shots of the main weapon allowed on screen at a time.

My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

optomon

Ah, so it does only shoot less at a time with an extra weapon equipped... but yeah, in all versions of this game it looks like for sure. Would have been a heck of a reprogramming job though to prevent that.  :P

How subtle! I like to consider myself an expert at this game and I didn't even notice that. The creators of the game needed to compensate for extra sprites being on the screen at once.

Ratix

Quote from: RC42 on October 16, 2012, 12:57:29 AM
i like to consider myself a tiny bit of an expert at this game..

but reducing your main gun to only 3 shots when your secondary weapon is equiped is a bit much.. some even reduce it to only 2 shots of the main weapon allowed on screen at a time.

i can't stop smiling man. you have brightened my day

arseniy

Yeah this thing with bullets is in original TGL. I slightly remember that I noticed that playing on console.
Don't remember that about using homing circles but I checked now. Same in the original TGL. When you equiped with you shoot only 2 bullet at once.
This is made to keep same difficulty of the game. Because there is limit for enemies and bullets on the screen and your bullets are considered as one.

P.S.
And about the mod 3.0.
I really like it and like that it's harder. Also I like very much the new puzzles. Tho the puzzle for 6th door made me crazy! Looked for solution for like 30 minutes!

DFStormbringer

wow.. trolled by 2 people when even opto said the exact same thing i said.  way to go community.

never used the double sphere in the main game save the final boss fight..never needed them.  fireballs.. lasers and main guns were always fine.

but yeah.. if its core game.. its a bit lame.  just never really noticed till the mod here where keeping a secondary out was REQUIRED for survival :P
-= Dare not ever meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are very crunchy an flavor rather well with bbq sauce =-

RubyC42

Because I was genuine in awe at how some people who claim to be "experts" at the game  miss such a basic configuration in the game. I noticed the reduction in the fire power with secondary weapon equipped on my first try.

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

Quote from: RC42 on October 16, 2012, 11:44:31 PM
Because I was genuine in awe at how some people who claim to be "experts" at the game  miss such a basic configuration in the game. I noticed the reduction in the fire power with secondary weapon equipped on my first try.

Well can't say that about myself but I also slightly remember I did noticed that. Was many years ago in 199x so I can't say for sure did I noticed back then or later in 2002-2003 when I played NES games again on emulator. Probably on nintendo tho because I played game multiple times.

Quote from: DFStormbringer on October 16, 2012, 08:30:48 PM
wow.. trolled by 2 people when even opto said the exact same thing i said.  way to go community.

I think RC42 told the reason of the troll but I think it was pretty friendly one. I hope you feel ok about it.
Isn't it funny confusion tho? You point on firepower issue ruins optomon's mod of the game and it appeared it's the original issue  ;D

RubyC42

True, maybe I just had too high an expectation about "other people should also know what I know" about the game.