Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Concept Ideas(Bosses)

Started by RandomSpriter, May 17, 2010, 07:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserK

I'm not into 8-bit much but the work is fairly impressive to me.
The background looks really fuzzy on my monitor.
Crystals are common because they are cool!

RandomSpriter

It was just a mock up, a concept of the boss, not the real textures or anything.
I don't want to spend too much on concepts as they are just that. ;)

teremochek

The boss the Crystal, not ordinary idea. A good Eye!

zeldatimelinefreak

I guess we've got my first idea finished XD! Anymore ideas before the next one? No? Okay!

Name: Tentastar
Description: Name should speak for itself, but it's shaped like a 4 pointed star that has tentacles coming from the bottom (?) area. It has 2 tentacles with eyes at the end coming out of the top inner corners and an eye in the center (Is this a trend?).
Attack pattern 1: Moves similar to :grimgrin: but has 2 hitboxes (top half does less than bottom half). Shoots :optomon: beams out of center eye and :eyeblue: out of other two eyes.

There should be multiple versions of this boss as well!

Once again, anyone who wants to change this is welcome to do so since this is just a basic layout :P!

EDIT: Key note! The tentacles MUST move!
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

RandomSpriter

Hmm... I think I have an idea from what you showed me...

Give me a few hours and I'll see if I can...

UserK

What if the tentacles "grow" with time up to a certain length?
A tentacle can soak a bullet only if it can completely absorb it. If the tentacle can absorb a bullet, then roll a chance of happening.
They have hit points independent from the star and start at 0, adding - say - 5 hp/sec.
The more HP a tentacle has, the longer it is.

The more powerful the boss is, the more tentacles it gets. Max tentacle length is also increased (and possibly even chance to soak).

zeldatimelinefreak

Actually that sounds like a good idea since it's center (right under the eye) should be open, and that would mean improving on your accuracy more. I'm also thinking that the final boss should implement parts from every boss before it, and this with a smaller window would be great for the challenge of the game. I think I have an idea of what IT should look like in this sequel/fan game (IT would have evolved quickly to adapt to certain things (won't look anything like in the first game), and would be the biggest challenge of all). I'll make a basic idea sprite later! I'll just focus on this for now XD!
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

zeldatimelinefreak

To believe this whole day was almost post-less without me -_-'... This boss needs it's renovations and I already know we've got some spriters on this site! I've come up with 2 of the 3 "custom" boss ideas on this page and we need more!!! I'll be glad to let my mind out as a boss designer, but we need to complete the ones we've already made first >:(. I don't mean to sound rude but we really need to work on these things, and quickly! We WILL make this game as awesome as the original! Maybe even better!!!

arseniy

Also keep some bosses from original. Like fleepa,optomon,grimgrin,eyeballs and Naju's Defense Turrets :)

I liked teremochek's idea about few bosses on screen at same time.

zeldatimelinefreak

Of course we need to keep old bosses XD! But we also need new ones as well, and that's were I can come in :P! I wouldn't want to be the only boss designer though... I just love this game so much, and to be part of an unofficial sequel just makes me so happy XD! I also think that if we remake the old bosses that they should have somewhat different movement styles; not extremely different, but more fluent. Do you understand what I mean? The best example I guess would be Ocarina of Time 3DS. If you pay attention to it, enemies and bosses move more fluently than in the N64/GCN version. Of course I'm exited for it, but that's not supposed to be on this page :P. :optomon: is DEFINITELY going to be cheapest in his blue form again though (Light speed seaweed!!!).

RandomSpriter

Even if we got spriters on this site, we still have things to do outside of the TGL things. ;)

Anyway, I'm back for a while again. And I've been thinking about the base design of your ideas.
This is JUST a blueprint of the early stages on how the boss can be commenced.

as you can see, I read here in this thread about ideas to this boss, so far this is how I see him in the final game if it'll be released.
Giving him the "meatshield" that he can use for both defense and offense(This boss is 5 TYPES of bosses in one, remember that.). 2 "arms", Top(The Control brain of the other 4 pieces.), The shield and the eye/feast.
Tentacles I'll add later since they are rather hard to do in this size.

Another point I wish to make is also that I'll keep this "Organical" boss rather then a "Computing boss" like previous one.

Quote from: arseniy on April 06, 2011, 11:40:44 PM
Also keep some bosses from original. Like fleepa,optomon,grimgrin,eyeballs and Naju's Defense Turrets :)

I liked teremochek's idea about few bosses on screen at same time.

You'll LOVE what I've done for the Dragon Boss in the intro stage then if you like BIg resolutions. ;)
I'll show him off later once he's done.

arseniy

This is looking cool! I don't see necessary of tentacles. I think this thing looks good without tentacles and also it's rather intresting soldier guard creature. Also the color choose is cool too.
He don't seem to be able to shoot until his front shield got destroyed.

zeldatimelinefreak

I actually did want this boss to be organic XD. I wasn't really thinking much about removable arms though :-\, but it actually looks very good :P!!! I hope the finished product is even better than I imagined!!!