Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend: WORLDS

Started by Quoise Games, February 19, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattrick_

Hey guys!
Its been a long time since there has been any discussion on the randomizer and i thought about checking back and seeing if there was anything you were planning to do further to the randomizer, or if you are considering it to be the final version?

I know there was some things we had discussed prior to v 1.4 but i believe you were planning to move on to different projects.

Were planning a randomizer race soon on twitch if anyone is interested in joining for the fun, dont know when / where but were going to do it here in the next couple weeks sometime!

Quoise Games

Hey Mattrick.  I welcome all ideas, no matter how far fetched they seem.  Concepts that will make a TGL world feel like a unique place.  Maybe, for example, a random world only shows one type of enemy all throughout. Or maybe a world offers unlimited chips but no hearts.  With the right balance, the worlds can feel unique and the user will never be able to predict what type of experience they'll get.  Lets start coming up with unique world possibilities

Mattrick_

Any chance we could get something to where we could SELECT what we wanted randomized? as opposed to just guessing at what were going to get?
that way, we could REALLY create the kind of world we want

Quoise Games

Yes I can put that in the next release. 

DavidB1111

Hi! I am a huge fan of the Guardian Legend, and I recently learned about this program. I would love to play The Guardian Legend randomized like this, but the attachments don't work.

Can someone reupload it? So I can play it? It looks amazing.

arseniy

Quote from: DavidB1111 on August 01, 2016, 09:19:46 AM
Hi! I am a huge fan of the Guardian Legend, and I recently learned about this program. I would love to play The Guardian Legend randomized like this, but the attachments don't work.

Can someone reupload it? So I can play it? It looks amazing.

Please try now. Attachements got away after I moved the site to other host. I reuploaded them now.

DavidB1111

Thank you! I will enjoy this so much.

DavidB1111

Okay, there is something seriously wrong with this randomizer.  This is all with TGL-Worlds17 from the main attachment section.
Maybe it got corrupted?

Edit: Oh, sorry, I meant to edit my last post. Sorry for the double post.
I'm just so confused why this is bugged out so much. :(

Please, someone, tell me what options I need in order to play this.

This is so disappointing. I really wanted to play this, but it's broken, the layout completely is distorted, broken map, the corridors seem to be all next to each other.  Or almost all next to each other. Everything is completely and totally broken. Why is this happening? :(
It just completely freaks out on the map, everything flickers, like there's 30 corridors or something, or 40.

I really hope this forum is not completely dead. I need help figuring out why it's unplayable. :( It's almost like it's stuck in speed race mode, but in a completely broken manner, and only if I try to randomize the labyrinth.

arseniy

You downloaded from page one? Try from page 12

arseniy

And I don't think it's currupted it's just the first versions where he tried to randomize pretty much everything. And it had some serius issues, like it's mostly like impossible to beat. Some corridors can be fun, some can be super boring. I've got things like that from there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeptGuT8jEA

DavidB1111

I'm using version 1.7.
But every single time I've generated a game and tried to run it, it's given me that broken layout. Every single time.
Okay, though, I thought the version 1.7 was the one I was supposed to use, not the one on Page 12, which seemed to give less control.

My apologies for misunderstanding.

arseniy

Quote from: DavidB1111 on August 02, 2016, 01:09:07 AM
I'm using version 1.7.
But every single time I've generated a game and tried to run it, it's given me that broken layout. Every single time.
Okay, though, I thought the version 1.7 was the one I was supposed to use, not the one on Page 12, which seemed to give less control.

My apologies for misunderstanding.

The "broken" layout is from earlier versions. Tho it's very fun but hardly playable. I wonder is author will try to get back to the randomizer and improve it.

DavidB1111

Ah. Okay. Now I understand. The one on page 12 is much better that's for sure.
I like it.
So far, I got 4 attack upgrades before corridor 2. :P

Quoise Games

Hey TGL fans, Keep writing suggestions, and when there are alot of them, I'll start working on a new version. Thanks.

arseniy

Make multiple bosses, I guess I told that already  ;D . But never make double blue optomon. Some good player tried that and he was beating him 6 hours  :skull:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwEOYZkDSFI

The other suggestion could be - balance the special weapons. Like make crappy lazer slower probably. More damage to some other weapons. I guess runners could suggest something about it.

Make the crappy boss harder:

Maybe make some bosses shoot other stuff. Like crab could shoot homing balls.

Maybe that miniboss can appear in the corridor and corridor boss on the land.

BTW some guy modified the hack and corrected the bonus production by EE and  walking through the red piramids:
http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,2022.0.html